If you have a positive pregnancy test, you have three options: abortion, adoption, or parenting.
If you are considering an abortion, perhaps you’re thinking:
• I’m scared
• I’m not ready to be a parent
• I can’t tell anyone I’m pregnant
• The father of my baby is insisting on an abortion
• My parents are insisting on an abortion
We understand your feelings. You are not alone. Many of our staff and volunteers have been where you are.
If you are considering abortion, you need to know:
Am I really pregnant?
A medical quality pregnancy test followed by an ultrasound is the best way to confirm your pregnancy.
How far along am I in my pregnancy?
If you’re considering abortion, it’s important to remember that abortion is a medical procedure. What type of abortion will you have? What are the short-term and long-term risks? What are your rights with an abortion provider?
Is my pregnancy normal?
You need to know if you are at risk for miscarriage or have a tubal pregnancy requiring immediate medical attention.
You may also be interested in knowing:
• What types of abortions are available to you?
• What is your “right to know” from the abortion providers?
• Are there any short-term or long-term risks to consider?
We can help you understand your choices and your pregnancy, discuss your health, and explain your abortion options.
If you are not ready to be a parent, adoption can be a great option. You may want to consider adoption if you:
- Want to provide your child with a two-parent family
- Want to provide your child emotional and financial stability
- Don’t want an abortion and aren’t ready to be a parent
In today’s adoptions, you can know your child and be a part of your child’s life. You can have the peace of knowing your child is loved and cared for by the couple you choose.
You have many choices with adoption and you may also have many questions. We can help you answer questions like:
- How can adoption be good for me and my baby?
- Can I choose a family for my baby?
- How much contact can I have with my baby after birth and after adoption?
- How can I be sure my child will be well cared for?
- We can help you understand your options with adoption.
The option of parenting may seem impossible to you right now and you may have more questions than answers. Whatever your concerns:
- I can’t afford a child.
- I can’t tell my family.
- My husband/boyfriend doesn’t want the baby.
- How will I finish school?
- How will I be able to continue working?
- How would I pay the medical bills?
- I’m too young.
- Where would I live?
We can talk through your concerns with you so you can decide if parenting is right for you.